Photography by Rick Kilby
National Park Service
The Technical Preservation Services of the National Park Service develops historic preservation policy and guidance on preserving and rehabilitating historic buildings, administers the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives program, and the Secretary of the Interior’s Standard for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
Florida Division of Historical Resources
The division's mission is to inspire a love of history through preservation and education by:
• Identify, document, protect, preserve, interpret and promote Florida's historical, archaeological, and folklife resources; nurture an understanding of Florida's diverse cultural fabric; and promote Florida's role in regional, national, and international history.
• Cultivate connections between people and place.
• Encourage engagement, curiosity, and the exchange of ideas.
• Support community enhancement and quality of life through history.
• Facilitate the success of history partners and practitioners.
• Articulate and disseminate a state wide case for the value of history.
• Be a leader in the fields of public service and history.
Florida Trust for Historic Preservation
The mission of the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation is to promote the preservation of the architectural, historical and archaeological heritage of Florida through advocacy, education and historic property stewardship.
The Florida Trust for Historic Preservation advocates for legislation and funding in support of historic preservation on behalf of Florida’s many historic sites, museums and parks. We represent Florida’s preservation community through public and media outreach. We empower and support local preservationists by publicizing Florida’s Eleven Most Endangered Historic Sites each year, and through our preservation awards program we recognize exemplary efforts in historic preservation.
We offer extensive education and training opportunities, including local workshops, webinars and an annual conference each year during the month of May. We educate the public on the benefits of historic preservation and provide resources to preservationists, home owners, preservation professionals, and media representatives.